Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day 6: what's cooking?


Got a little busy with other things these past few days... cooking, taking photos, having lunch with friends. All very enjoyable, I am taking to this vacation thing quite well. So this is sort of what it's like to win the lottery and not work, just doing what you want to do. I could get used to this. I made dinner for me and V. the other night, inspired by our dinner at Pasta Pomodoro. I boiled and then stir fried some Brussells sprouts with butter and garlic, and then followed it up with some fettucine with red marinara sauce and some Italian sausage, and some chicken prosciutto borsetti.   I wasn't sure what borsetti is either, that's fancy Italian for wontons or dumplings.  I have to admit I kind of overcooked the sprouts and they were a little soft, but I thought the pasta was spot on and V. seemed fairly pleased with the results. Consider that a success.

We also just got a new toaster oven by Breville, that seems to be the bee's knees. Toasted sandwiches and Pop Tarts alike never tasted so good. This was supposed to be V.'s Christmas present but I am definitely getting more benefit out of it so far. Maybe this is supposed to be my Christmas present? Ohoh that means I still have some shopping to do...

Also made this rich man's version of a sausage egg mcmuffin for breakfast one morning, V. loved it.  Made with 2 turkey patties, a scrambled brown egg and cheddar cheese on a wheat English muffin.  So good.



No comments:

Post a Comment